The finish line will be just up-stream from Hammersmith Bridge, parallel with the bridge, from the landing stage outside British Rowing on the Middlesex bank.
The map below shows the position of the finish line and what crews should do after they have crossed the line, specifically:
- All crews should continue through Hammersmith Bridge.
- ONLY crews who will return to AK/Furnivall (i.e. not Sons of the Thames/Latymer) or to Fulham Reach (a little further downstream) should turn to Middlesex/strokeside
- Crews returning to upriver clubs including Sons of the Thames and Latymer turn to Surrey/bowside.
- Crews for Barn Elms and Putney continue straight on but row slowly and remain “line astern” (i.e. don’t overtake), and row dead slow from the Black Buoy. They will turn as usual after going through both Putney road and Fulham rail bridges as per the Instructions to Crews.
- If conditions are so severe that turning beyond the bridges is unsafe, crews returning to Barn Elms will be turned by officials close to the Barn Elms hard, and crews returning to Putney will be directed down the inshore zone to land with the stream. Please listen carefully for instructions.